The Trustees of Reservations will be operating a shop at the Boston Public Market (BPM) the first permanent year-round public market in Boston opening in July 2015. We will feature cheese, yogurt and grass-fed milk from our dairy in Ipswich, Appleton Farms ( www.thetrustees.org/appleton). We will also sell cheese produced by members of the Massachusetts Cheese Guild and sundries from other Massachusetts and New England producers and artisans.
The Cheese Ambassador Volunteer position is an exciting and educational opportunity for outgoing individuals who are interested in learning the intricacies of cheese, dairy and the local food movement in Boston and sharing it with the extensive and diverse audience of visitors to the Boston Public Market. Volunteers should have an interest in learning the skills of describing flavors and understanding pairings. With these skills, volunteers will be responsible for ensuring both a positive and engaging experience for customers at the Boston Public Market.
- Engage with Shopkeepers and Shop Manager to participate in ongoing education about flavors, pairings and how to make tasting experiences memorable.
- Support Shopkeepers and Shop Manager in providing excellent customer service and engagement during the busiest times of the market.
- Keep the workspace clean at all times.
- Support set-up maintenance and breakdown product displays.
- Connect the Dairy Booth with the Trustees-managed related programming at the Boston Public Market Kitchen.
- Outgoing and people oriented.
- Interest in cheese! Also, learning to describe flavors to novices, suggest pairings, and make tasting experiences memorable.
- Willing and able to learn as you go, and to seek out help when necessary.
- Excited to publicly represent the mission of The Trustees of Reservations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and carrying loads between 15-50 lbs.; occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold, heat and water; rare exposure to dust and fumes
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ~4 hour shift per week for 3 months
- Art and the Landscape...
- Poetry Reading at The Old Manse
- A New Framework for Dialogue
- New England Town Hall Meeting
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- Harvest Volunteers
- The Old Manse Event Volunteers
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Assistants-Harvest Festival
- Pop Up Program Assistants-Boston...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador, Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Program Assistants: Boston...
- A House of My Own: A Musical...
- Construction Assistant-Boston...