The Cheese Ambassador Volunteer position is an exciting and educational opportunity for outgoing individuals who are interested in learning the intricacies of cheese, dairy and the local food movement in Boston and sharing it with the extensive and diverse audience of visitors to the Boston Public Market. Volunteers should have an interest in learning the skills of describing flavors and understanding pairings. With these skills, volunteers will be responsible for ensuring both a positive and engaging experience for customers at the Boston Public Market.
Shop Manager, Appleton Farm Booth (primary)
Shopkeepers, Appleton Farm Booth(secondary)
4 hour shift once per week for six months
Beyond becoming a part of an exciting organization and the dynamic Boston Public Market, volunteers receive a 30% discount on Shop purchases on their shift day, membership rates/discounts for KITCHEN @ The Boston Public Market programs, as well as networking and professional development opportunities within the local food community and The Trustees.
- Engage with Shopkeepers and Shop Manager to participate in ongoing education about flavors, pairings and how to make tasting experiences memorable.
- Support Shopkeepers and Shop Manager in providing excellent customer service and engagement during the busiest times of the market.
- Keep the workspace clean at all times.
- Support set-up maintenance and breakdown product displays.
- Connect the Dairy Booth with the Trustees-managed related programming at the Boston Public Market Kitchen.
- Outgoing and people oriented.
- Interest in cheese! Also, learning to describe flavors to novices, suggest pairings, and make tasting experiences memorable.
- Willing and able to learn as you go, and to seek out help when necessary.
- Excited to publicly represent the mission of The Trustees of Reservations
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Physical abilities require continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, and carrying loads between 15-50 lbs.; occasional climbing, stooping, twisting and fine manipulation; occasional environmental exposure to cold, heat and water; rare exposure to dust and fumes
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ~4 hour shift per week for 6 months