Program Coordinator for AUTISM Non-profit Org.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
14 people are interested
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Akhil Autism Foundation - Care For A Friend (CFAF) is an organization that is run by kids for kids diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and other disabilities. It is an inclusive way to help individuals gain necessary lifelong care social skills to succeed & be independent in school, adulthood, and beyond.CFAF pairs regular kids with autistic kids over a series of weekend run programs, events and activities, leading to friendships amongst the group of volunteers and spectrum kids.These activities are organized in all kinds of social settings. These have ranged from simple one on one conversations to joint painting, baking, bowling, card games, yoga, visiting farms or hiking. It provides a platform for autistic kids to improve communication skills and most of all, make friends !All of the above activities are carried out under the supervision of professional therapists. Autistic individuals have to be taught how to act in different types of social situations.
AAF vision "Help Autistic Individuals lead an independent & functional life" socialization is one of the goals for a functional life. AAF-Care For a Friend project is an opportunity for autistic individuals to socialize in community, learn skills, have play dates with neurotypical buddies and make friends in life.
Come and join Akhil Autism non-profit organization as a Program Coordinator. We are looking for enthusiastic, persistent, good communication, organizational skills with technology, undergraduate/graduate students welcome who can implement their skills and knowledge to develop and further expand the boundaries of the organization. If an intern, then as an intern you will also get hands-on learning experience and insight to building an organization. In addition, you will work directly with the Founder and executive board.
- Organize, conduct our Care For A Friend events and workshops
- Coordinate with certified providers, volunteers and parents of special needs for events and workshop
- Organize and set meetings.
- Conduct events, meetings, fundraiser, etc. effectively, strategically and on a timely manner.
- Market our events, work independently, good problem solving skills
Need a program coordinator for 2 yrs and would kindly appreciate and welcome those who would join for a longer-term. How to Apply: Email your resume to ManishaLadnc@gmail.com. After reviewing your resume, we will send you a follow-up email for an interview date within 24hrs.
About Akhil Autism Foundation
46 Harmon road, Edison, NJ 08837, US
Akhil Autism Foundation (AAF) is a NJ-based non-profit organization whose dedicated mission is to Educate, Treat, Support, and Research Autism worldwide, especially in under-served countries such as India. Since 2008, AAF has provided critical resources to 1000 children, over 500 hours of online education, and over $25,000 in donations towards autism research, professional training, and parent education. To learn more about our group programs and activities, please visit our website (www.akhilautismfoundation.org)
Programs for autism in usa and India
- Two Trained International Doctors in India
- 700 children treated in since 2008
- 100 autism awareness and detection camps in Kerala India
- 1000 children received MethylB12 shots from USA
- Library in Bangalore, Dhaka, Delhi, Kolkata
- Two onsite International workshops
- Webinars: Monthly online web based education
- MNRI: Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex integration (MNRI)
- MNRI Assessment: Individual is assessed for 32 reflexes and a home program is given
- MNRI Home program: 12 hrs of home based therapy provided
- MNRI Camp: 30 hrs of MNRI treatment provided with six different therapists working 5 day 6 hrs
- MNRI Parent workshop; 16 hrs of education for implementing the parent guide
- MNRI courses : 11 courses for professional and parents to educate and learn hands on reflex training
- RPM : Rapid Prompting Method workshop (RPM)
- MAP Consultation: A Biomedical doctor will consult a child online
- Care for friend project : A project started by kids for kids using stencil board autistic individual communicates with a typical child.
- MethlyB12 shots : compounded injections provided by USA based pharmacy for India patients
- Conference: every year to bring awareness of various educational and biomedical treatments
46 Harmon RoadEdison, NJ 08837
December 24, 2019
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Public Relations
- Program Management
- People 55+