Special Events Intern (Fall - Spring - Summer)
The Child & Family Network Centers
SUMMARY: The Special Events intern assists CFNC with all aspects of event planning. Our intern will support the Donor Relations and Events Associate with the planning and logistics of the virtual Spring Benefit/Gala and the procurement of auction items. Our intern will also assist in the planning and implementation of our Spring2ACTion fundraiser.
- Manage event records, including sponsorship and ticket sales.
- Help coordinate event logistics for each event.
- Play a key role in outreach, record keeping, and organization of third party event partnership.
- Manage and update sponsor and guest mailing lists.
- Assist with special event and day-of-event operations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Internship lasts 14 weeks (10 weeks in the summer) and requires a commitment to work a minimum of twenty hours weekly (days and hours are flexible). Availability on the occasional evening/weekend is also desired.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Child & Family Network Centers
3700 Wheeler Ave, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304, US
Our mission is to provide caring, high-quality free education and related services to at-risk children and families in their own neighborhoods to prepare and empower them for success in school and life.
We provide free and fully accredited preschool education for children living in poverty in Northern Virginia. We also provide free family support, literacy, job training, and health programs to the parents of our students, giving children what they need most: strong, capable families. Currently, we serve nearly 200 children and their families each year at six program sites throughout Alexandria and Arlington.