Communications Intern (Fall - Spring - Summer)
87 people are interested
SUMMARY: The Communications Intern will utilize social networking sites, blogging and traditional publicity routes to get the word out about everything that is CFNC. They will play a pivotal role in content planning, event marketing, contributing to the design of CFNC’s communications collateral, and constituent relationship maintenance. This internship offers the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of social media, engage in the creative process, and practice professional outreach and publicity strategies.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of all social media channels, excellent and professional phone and people skills, and enthusiasm for marketing and creative problem solving!
- Assist in the creation of brochures, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, event materials, displays, PowerPoint presentations, infographic illustrations, icons, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, e-newsletters, banner ads, and interactive designs for CFNC’s website.
- Assist with development of social media strategy and social media campaigns as they relate to fundraising and development.
- Compile information for promotion of CFNC events.
- Distribution of event listing information to third party listing sites.
- Design, compose and send social media posts and e-newsletters.
- Write and distribute press releases; follow up with media contacts.
- Assist with publicity for events including online marketing/posting, blog posts and flier/poster distribution.
- Creation of video posts for social media.
- Assist with development of communications process and overall strategy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Internship lasts 14 weeks (10 weeks in the summer) and requires a commitment to work a minimum of twenty hours weekly (days and hours are flexible). Availability on the occasional evening/weekend is also desired.
About The Child & Family Network Centers
3700 Wheeler Ave, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304, US
Our mission is to provide caring, high-quality free education and related services to at-risk children and families in their own neighborhoods to prepare and empower them for success in school and life.
We provide free and fully accredited preschool education for children living in poverty in Northern Virginia. We also provide free family support, literacy, job training, and health programs to the parents of our students, giving children what they need most: strong, capable families. Currently, we serve nearly 200 children and their families each year at six program sites throughout Alexandria and Arlington.
We'll work with your schedule.
3700 Wheeler AvenueAlexandria, VA 22304
- General Education
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 20 hours/week, During M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.