SUMMARY: The Communications Intern will utilize social networking sites, blogging and traditional publicity routes to get the word out about everything that is CFNC. They will play a pivotal role in content planning, event marketing, contributing to the design of CFNC’s communications collateral, and constituent relationship maintenance. This internship offers the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of social media, engage in the creative process, and practice professional outreach and publicity strategies.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of all social media channels, excellent and professional phone and people skills, and enthusiasm for marketing and creative problem solving!
- Assist in the creation of brochures, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, event materials, displays, PowerPoint presentations, infographic illustrations, icons, charts, graphs, maps, tables, e-blasts, e-newsletters, banner ads, and interactive designs for CFNC’s website.
- Assist with development of social media strategy and social media campaigns as they relate to fundraising and development.
- Compile information for promotion of CFNC events.
- Distribution of event listing information to third party listing sites.
- Design, compose and send social media posts and e-newsletters.
- Write and distribute press releases; follow up with media contacts.
- Assist with publicity for events including online marketing/posting, blog posts and flier/poster distribution.
- Creation of video posts for social media.
- Assist with development of communications process and overall strategy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Internship lasts 14 weeks (10 weeks in the summer) and requires a commitment to work a minimum of twenty hours weekly (days and hours are flexible). Availability on the occasional evening/weekend is also desired.
- General Education
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 20 hours/week, During M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cora Kelly Rec Center needs...
- Communications Intern (Fall -...
- Wheeler Needs Support in our...
- WordPress Expert Needed
- Chirilagua needs Support in our...
- Winter Wonderland Parties
- Social Work Intern
- Development Intern (Fall -...
- Arlandria Needs Support in our...
- Special Events Intern (Fall -...
- Cora Kelly School needs Support...
- CFNC School Supply Drive
- Seeking Members for Young...
- Executive Intern (Summer - Fall...