The National Postal Museum is looking for outgoing volunteers to facilitate Gallery Experiences within the museum. Volunteers work independently or in pairs to provide opportunities for short, visitor-driven interactions based on particular objects, activities, or themes. Current Gallery Experiences include Spider Press demonstrations, Stamp Collecting station, and Dead Letter Office sorting challenge.
- Spider Press demonstrations show how stamps were printed in the late 1800’s on an antique printing press. This experience is facilitated in pairs.
- Stamp Collecting stations are places for people of all ages to learn about philately and create their own topical stamp collection to take home.
- Dead Letter Office challenge has visitors learning about what surprising things can and cannot be delivered through the postal system through a sorting game.
- More experiences coming soon! Help us test them out.
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a month, minimum 1 year commitment