Gallery Experience Volunteer
48 people are interested
The National Postal Museum is looking for outgoing volunteers to facilitate Gallery Experiences within the museum. Volunteers work independently or in pairs to provide opportunities for short, visitor-driven interactions based on particular objects, activities, or themes. Current Gallery Experiences include Spider Press demonstrations, Stamp Collecting station, and Dead Letter Office sorting challenge.
- Spider Press demonstrations show how stamps were printed in the late 1800’s on an antique printing press. This experience is facilitated in pairs.
- Stamp Collecting stations are places for people of all ages to learn about philately and create their own topical stamp collection to take home.
- Dead Letter Office challenge has visitors learning about what surprising things can and cannot be delivered through the postal system through a sorting game.
- More experiences coming soon! Help us test them out.
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Massachusetts Ave NEWashington, DC 20002
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a month, minimum 1 year commitment