Making a Difference in a child's life with Wigs For Kids -Recipient & Salon Assistant!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Did you know?
* Wigs for Kids gives FREE hair pieces to all of the recipients.
* Over 2 million children in the United States are affected by hair loss.
* 12,400 children between birth and age 10 are diagnosed with cancer.
* 10,000 pediatric burn injuries occur annually in the US.
* 1.1 million children in the US are affected by alopecia.
* It takes 20-30 ponytails to make one Hair Replacement System.
Recipient & Salon Programs
- Entering Data for hair donors into the system
- Prepare measurement kits
- Prepare packets for Salon solicitation and recipient communications
- Mailing packets out to salons and recipients
- Making copies and updating files
- Make phone calls to verify demographic info
To sign up as a volunteer, schedule
groups or discuss volunteer needs and opportunities
501 (c) (3) 34-1749587
Thank you for helping us serve children experiencing chronic or illness related hair loss!
About Wigs for Kids
24231 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145, US
For over 30 years, Wigs for Kids has been providing Hair Replacement Systems and support for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, Alopecia, Trichotillomania, burns and other medical issues at no cost to children or their families. The effects of hair loss go deeper than just a change in a child’s outward appearance. Hair loss can erode a child’s self-confidence and limit them from experiencing life the way children should. With an injured self-image, a child’s attitude toward treatment and their physical response to it can be negatively affected also. Wigs for Kids helps children suffering from hair loss look themselves and live their lives.
When children lose their hair, whether as a result of medical treatments, health conditions, or burn accidents, they don't just suffer physically. The change in their appearance can drastically undermine their self-image and sabotage their self-esteem. To combat this additional trauma, Wigs for Kids, a non-profit organization provides custom designed hair systems and support to children at no charge to them or their families.
We'll work with your schedule.
Wigs for Kids24231 Center Ridge RoadWestlake, OH 44145
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- 1 hour a week - 10 hours a week