The Volunteer Nutritionist provides educational and stimulating opportunities for hands-on learning in the classroom educating kids, teens, adults, and seniors. Each week there will be a nutritional theme which the nutrition lesson will highlight. Some examples are food budgeting, meals planning, making healthy choices, eating together as a family, benefit of fruits and vegetables and how to select, store and wash them, importance of breakfast and healthy snacking and reading labels.
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Many Volunteer Opportunities...
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Become a New Immigrant Mentor
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...