Come and Volunteer with NDG during our SUMMER SCHOOL while you experience Guatemala culture.
You can choose between:
- Short-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 4 weeks of time, and up to 3 months.
- Long-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 6 months, and up to 1 year.
- Be flexible, motivated and willing to change children's lives.
- A positive attitude
- An appreciation of new cultures that will help you settle in Guatemala and enjoy all of the new experiences;
- Be 18 years old or older .
- Commit to at least 4 weeks of volunteer work, and a min of 20 hours a week.
Volunteer work description:
Summer School [Level of Spanish: all spanish levels]
NOVEMBER ONLY and a personalized schedule.
During November, students return to school to participate in extra-curricular workshops. There are 2 options for our volunteers:
- Workshops: Volunteers get to lead a workshop of their choice, whose focus is up to you! Workshops have in the past focused on for example English, sport, science, art and much more! Volunteers can also team up and carry out workshops together. The workshops requires planning beforehand, so if you would like to participate, please contact the volunteer coordinator who shall assist you in making a personalised schedule based on the summer school plans and objective for the year, and of course your interests.
- Classroom Assistance: Morning classes take place as normal with the established teacher and volunteers are welcome to assist in these classes.
Fee RequiredHOW TO APPLY
- Read our International Volunteer Catalogue and choose the Volunteer package that works best for you.
- Complete and submit the application form online.
- Send your Resume or CV and passport copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write and send a motivation letter to email@example.com
- Complete and send your Background check to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the one-time, non-refundable $50 application fee online (please select 'Volunteer Application Fee’ as the project).
Language/Cultural Support AvailableWE WELCOME
Niños de Guatemala is a Dutch-Guatemalan nonprofit working to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala by providing quality education to those who need it most. Since our founding in 2006, we have opened two primary schools and one middle school which now serve more than 470 Guatemalan children from low-income families in the towns of Ciudad Vieja and San Lorenzo de Cubo.
Our schools' curricula have been reviewed and approved by the Guatemalan Ministry of Education, and all of our graduates receive an official diploma. To ensure each child receives personalized academic support, international volunteers work in our schools as classroom assistants.
NDG is continually striving to ensure not just the academic but also the physical and emotional wellbeing of our students. All of the children in our programs receive nutritionally balanced meals every day, medical and dental care, instruction on proper health and hygiene, sexual education, and access to our on-site social work and psychology departments.
NDG currently has nonprofit status in Guatemala, Holland, the United States, and France.
NDG's motto has always been that everyone can do something. Dedicated volunteers are key to our mission of breaking the cycle of poverty through education in Guatemala. Through our various volunteer programs, you can get off the beaten track and experience Antigua's wonderful culture, people, and landscapes, all while giving back in our schools.
Our volunteers come from all types of backgrounds and range in age from eighteen to sixty. We have an average of five people volunteering with us at any given time. During high season, however, there may be as many as fifteen volunteers in our programs at once. Please note that volunteers at Niños de Guatemala are UNPAID.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ninosdeguatemala.org.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 week minimum
- 1.Application form online. 2. Resume or CV 3. Passport copy