Come and Volunteer with NDG as a Tutor one to one or group reinforcement to children and youth, while you experience Guatemala culture.
You can choose between:
- Short-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 4 weeks of time, and up to 3 months.
- Long-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 6 months, and up to 1 year.
- Be flexible, motivated and willing to change children's lives.
- A positive attitude
- An appreciation of new cultures that will help you settle in Guatemala and enjoy all of the new experiences;
- Be 18 years old or older .
- Commit to at least 4 weeks of volunteer work, and a min of 20 hours a week.
Volunteer work description:
Reinforcement [Level of Spanish: intermediate or advanced]
3 time per week (Afternoons 2pm -4pm)
"Refuerzos" is an after school program that is very hands on and interactive with smaller groups of students. It is focused on reinforcing certain topics with students that are struggling during regular classes. Volunteers involved in this program find it extremely rewarding as they build strong relationships with a small amount of students and can see them progressing right in front of their eyes. There is a little more flexibility with this program as the volunteer can choose which days in the afternoon they would like to come in however it is recommended to do this program simultaneously with the Morning Teacher’s Assistant Program.
Tutorías [Level of Spanish: intermediate or advanced]
Personalised schedule and a minimum of 8 week commitment
Tutorías Program is one of the most involving programs on offer as you develop a close relationship with 2 -3 children. Volunteers are matched with students who experience learning disabilities and due to your long time commitment, is an extremely rewarding experience for both child and volunteer. You will meet several times a week to work on personalized material given by the Academic Coordinator and will help them to grasp concepts from class that they need extra assistance with.
Fee RequiredHOW TO APPLY
- Read our International Volunteer Catalogue and choose the Volunteer package that works best for you.
- Complete and submit the application form online.
- Send your Resume or CV and passport copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write and send a motivation letter to email@example.com
- Complete and send your Background check to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the one-time, non-refundable $50 application fee online (please select 'Volunteer Application Fee’ as the project).
Language/Cultural Support AvailableWE WELCOME
- General Education
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 weeks minimum
- 1.Advanced spanish 2. Motivation letter 3.Resume 4.Passport copy 5. Application form