Canine Care Volunteers partner with staff to ensure the complete care of Berkeley Humane dogs for 2 hour shifts, seven days a week. Canine Care volunteers participate in the toal care of the dogs, including:
- Cleaning and disinfecting kennels
- Walking adult dogs
- Socializing puppies and adult dogs
- Preparing and distributing meals
- Collecting bowls after mealtime and cleaning them
- Noting behavioral or medical changes
- Help improve behavior using positive reinforcement methods.
Each shift is 2 hours long. Volunteers are asked to commit to a weekly shift.
We are particularly in need of help for the following shifts:
Orientation and training is required. All volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per month for 6 months.
Interested? Read more about our volunteer program and sign-up here: https://berkeleyhumane.org/Volunteer
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Able to bend and stoop to clean kennels and work with dogs