VITAS Bereavement Volunteers contact family and loved ones following the death of a VITAS patient. Volunteers offer support and compassion. Volunteers may make phone calls, do in-person visits, help organize or co-facilitate support groups, all with the support and guidance of the VITAS Bereavement Services Manager, Chaplains and other hospice team members. Great for MFT Interns as well. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays.
- Bereavement Support
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Family Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hrs per week depending on your availability
- 2018 Orientation Dates: Oct. 6 AND 13, Jan. 12 AND 19, 2019
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer