TICKET SALES CAPTAINS for Helping Link's 25th GALA
2 people are interested
Helping Link - Một Dấu Nối has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language and computer education classes for adults and seniors; after-school tutoring and summer classes for youth; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
We are seeking organized, enthusiastic individuals to serve as Ticket Sales Captains, leading up to our 25th Gala in September 2018. This is a great opportunity for individuals interested in volunteer management and fundraising -- even if you don’t have a lot of experience (we’ll help you out!)
- Collaborate with others on ticket sales strategies in order to help meet Helping Link’s fundraising goal.
- Assist in identifying and stewarding potential table captains.
- Manage the online ticket sales site (no web development experience necessary).
- Work with the Gala Team to send out event invitations and follow-up communications.
- Manage sign-in and direction of traffic at the event.
- Coordinate registration process - check-in guests, payments, seat assignments etc.
- Ability to skillfully handle people in person and on the phone for positive outcomes.
- Fun-loving and enthusiastic attitude.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, with hands-on ability to work in Word, Excel, and, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and lead a variety of volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multi-task and manage time wisely.
Function as a cooperative member of a team
- Network and connect with sponsors, clients, volunteers, and Board of Directors within and outside of Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối
- Get a chance to promote and support a local community-driven grassroots organization’s mission to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the Greater Puget Sound.
We'll work with your schedule.
1032 S. Jackson St. # CSeattle, WA 98104
- Basic Computer Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Sales Process
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training