Become a Mentor to Youth Facing Adversity - Paradise Valley Location!
WhenWed Jan 18, 2017 03:30 PM - Thu Apr 20, 2017 05:30 PM
WhereChange a life! Mentor Wednesdays 3:30 - 5:3015844 N 43rd StFuture for Kids on site @ Whispering Wind AcademyPhoenix, AZ 85032
Volunteer serves as mentor in the 'Discover Your Future’ out-of-school time program with Future for KIDS.
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor and enrich the lives of youth who face adversity
- Work in small groups with elementary students grades 3-6
- Serve as a positive role model for youth
"Volunteering for Future for KIDS helped me as much as it helped the children"- Nick
Specific opportunities to enrich the lives of youth within your small group of mentees are as follows:
- Facilitate ethics discussions on topics such as: honesty, forgiveness, responsibility, respect
- Assist small groups of youth with brain-stimulating academic activties (including STEAM activities)
- Read to youth and hold discussions
- Assist with fitness and athletic activities such as: football, obstacle courses, yoga, basketball...and many more!
The youth in our programs are hand selected and are faced with at least one Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs). You will be trained prior to meeting with the youth to create positive and trusting relationships.
- 2 hours commitment per week
- Program runs Monday through Thursday at 11 different sites throughout the valley during the afterschool hours (Ranging from 2pm - 6pm)
- 2 hours with the youth. Mentors arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time for a mentor pre-meeting
- Mentors serve 26 consecutive weeks as a role model to the youth
- Mentors choose the site that is most convenient to them
- Locations in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Guadalupe
'Discover Your Future’ Program Goal: To keep youth engaged during vulnerable after-school hours by providing them the opportunity to interact with caring mentors in a structured program environment.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week
- Application and Interview
- 'Discover Your Future' - Mentor...
- Mentor Teens to Become Leaders
- Become a Mentor - Central...
- Become a Mentor to Youth Facing...
- Mentor Today's Youth - 'Discover...
- Inspire Youth...Become a Mentor!
- Be a Mentor. Change a Life.
- Volunteer to be a Change Maker!
- Mentor Youth Affected by ACEs -...
- Inspire a Youth...Become a Mentor!
- Become a Mentor - Future for KIDS!
- Inspire Youth...Future for KIDS!
- Become a Mentor for Youth Facing...