Careers with DOE span the nation and encompass a wide variety of job categories. The scope of our work ensures a continuing need for dozens of scientific and technical disciplines, as well as the full range of administrative and supporting talents at research laboratories, energy administration facilities, and offices coast to coast. As part of our longer-term agency recruitment efforts, student volunteers are invited year-round for semester or summer-long assignments to serve in a wide range of technical and administrative support positions.
The current positions are offered as part of our Student Volunteer Internship Program. This program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with volunteer work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. The Internship provides managers a ready source of student talent and assistance; and provides the student with work experience that is related to development of their professional skills or career goals.
Students selected from this announcement will be assigned to the Office of Corporate Executive Management in the Headquarters Office of the Department of Energy in Washington, DC. They will perform a wide variety of duties in the recruitment, performance management, employee onboarding and leadership development fields and help meet DOE's mission and the student’s learning objectives.
As a student intern, your human resource management activities may include:
- Maintaining and updating various hardcopy and electronic organization files and systems
- Assisting with a variety of tasks associated with recruiting executives
- Utilizing Microsoft Office skills to design and create documentation and/or presentations to support programs
- Reviewing standard forms, reports and/or other documents for accuracy and completeness
- Preparing emails, letters, reports, memorandums, and other correspondence
- Researching program needs and preparing documents for various projects
- Participating in special projects, as needed
- Provide general administrative support to staff
Must have u.S. Citizenship to work on site at the Department of Energy.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Project Management
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Minimum 2 to 4 days per week/for 3+ months
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills/Excellent research/writing skills