Make a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where202 W. ValenciaTucson, AZ 85706
DO YOU WANT TO:
- make a difference in the quality of life of people with developmental disabilities?
- advocate for people who cannot speak up for themselves?
- protect people who may be challenged by communication, discrimination or isolation?
- help turn wrongs into rights?
- help make our community a better place for all people
DO YOU HAVE:
- a family member or friend who has special needs and you want a say on how they are treated?
- an interest in using your professional skills to improve our community?
- a desire to live in a community whre every individual is valued?
DO YOU BELIEVE:
- that our community should be a good place to live for everyone?
- that every person is entitled to treatment with dignity and respect?
- that everyone is entitled to the same basic rights regardless of a disability?
ARE YOU WILLING TO:
- attend monthly meetings on the last Monday of each month from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. currently held at the Valencia Library, 202 W. Valencia
- respect confidentiality
- meet to complete initial paperwork
- have a background check and be able to acquire a clearance card
- attend trainings
IF YOU ARE, THEN OUR HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE MAY BE JUST RIGHT FOR YOU!
For more infomration, please contact DeniseVelasquez@azdes.gov ) or JodieJohnson@azdes.gov.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per month