Appointment Companion & Special Project Volunteer
56 people are interested
Appointment Companion & Special Project volunteers are ready, willing and able to volunteer in a wide range of capacities across our programs when their schedule allows. Flexibility is key to how this volunteer role works!
Appointment Companion & Special Project volunteers receive occasional emails from us (2-6 per month) asking for volunteer support for a variety of upcoming activities and needs including but not limited to:
- escorting individual clients to and from medical appointments and/or cultural outings
- providing admin support in our office for mailings, phone calls, filing or shredding
- helping-out at the Park Slope Center for Successful Aging for specific events and projects
- holiday projects & special initiatives
How often you volunteer is up to YOU! You only need to respond to our emails if you want to help-out with a request, we do NOT need to hear from you if you can’t help. We know you would if you could!
- Must be 18 years or older or have written consent from parent/guardian
- Flexible, mature, kind, compassionate and reliable
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow through on commitments
- Willing to learn and follow organizational policies, confidentiality laws and volunteer guidelines
- Willing to attend our New Volunteer Training
Contact: Volunteer Program at 718 596-8789 or firstname.lastname@example.org more information. Volunteer applications available at http://www.heightsandhills.org/volunteer/.
About heights and hills
57 Willoughby Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
Our mission statement is guided by the following beliefs: Older adults are assets to their communities. Also, older adults' skils, experience, and wisdom enhance our civic organizations and institutions as well as individual lives and that older adults are an economic asset to communities. Further, older adults are entitled to live as independently as possible, with dignity and personal choice. In support of our mission, Heights and Hills operates the following programs for older adults and families: Case Management and social workers work with homebound older people to assist them to get services they need to remain at home. We also have caregiver services where caaregivers are family, friends or neighbors who provide assistance to loved ones. We also have a Volunteer program where we recruit appropriate volunteers to perform one or two of these services: Friendly Visiting program, where a volunteer becomes a companion to a senior and visits every week for an hour's time. A second program is being a Medical Escort where a volunteer takes either a morning or afternoon to take the cllient to and from a doctor's appointment and a third program is Telephone Reassurance program: where a volunteer calls a homebound client for 10-15 minutes once or twice a week.
Heights and Hills is a large social service case management agency located in downtown Brooklyn, New York. We serve approximately 800+ seniors a month.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various Brooklyn neighborhoodsBrooklyn, NY 11201
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexibility is key, how often and how long you volunteer is up to YOU. Assignments range from 1 to 6 hours and you can pick the volunteer job that matches your schedule.