Appointment Companion & Special Project Volunteer
52 people are interested
Appointment Companion & Special Project volunteers are ready, willing and able to volunteer in a wide range of capacities across our programs when their schedule allows. Flexibility is key to how this volunteer role works!
Appointment Companion & Special Project volunteers receive occasional emails from us (2-6 per month) asking for volunteer support for a variety of upcoming activities and needs including but not limited to:
- escorting individual clients to and from medical appointments and/or cultural outings
- providing admin support in our office for mailings, phone calls, filing or shredding
- helping-out at the Park Slope Center for Successful Aging for specific events and projects
- holiday projects & special initiatives
How often you volunteer is up to YOU! You only need to respond to our emails if you want to help-out with a request, we do NOT need to hear from you if you can’t help. We know you would if you could!
- Must be 18 years or older or have written consent from parent/guardian
- Flexible, mature, kind, compassionate and reliable
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow through on commitments
- Willing to learn and follow organizational policies, confidentiality laws and volunteer guidelines
- Willing to attend our New Volunteer Training
Contact: Volunteer Program at 718 596-8789 or email@example.com more information. Volunteer applications available at http://www.heightsandhills.org/volunteer/.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various Brooklyn neighborhoodsBrooklyn, NY 11201
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexibility is key, how often and how long you volunteer is up to YOU. Assignments range from 1 to 6 hours and you can pick the volunteer job that matches your schedule.