Support Group Facilitators lead support groups for survivors of sexual violence. Our support groups aim to provide a welcoming space for survivors who share similar experiences with sexual violence. Facilitators help create a safe environment to provide participants the opportunity to support each other in healing. Each group is led by two trained facilitators.
Examples of past groups:
- Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Survivors of Incest and Child Sexual Abuse
- Spanish-Speaking Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Secondary Survivors (partners, family members, friends of survivors)
- Male Survivors
- LGBTQ Survivors
- Healing through Art
- Healing with Nature (Horticultural Therapy)
- Healing Through Movement
- Other groups related to sexual assault may be offered as requested by community members.
- SGFs are welcome to propose ideas for new groups or workshops.
- Complete 30 hours of training.
- At least one 6-10 week support group for primary or secondary survivors of sexual violence, and
- At least one 2-hour workshop that help survivors develop tools for self-care and managing trauma symptoms.
- Prior OCRCC Companion training, mental health training, and/or group facilitation experience preferred.
- The next SGF Training will begin May 31, 2016.
- Tuesdays, May 31-July 19, 6-9pm
- Saturday, July 16, 9am-3:30pm
- Applications are due May 13, 2016.
- You can submit for the next round of training if you desire.
- Some sessions will be conducted jointly with the Compass Center.
- Questions? Please contact Client Services Director Bethany Wichman-Buescher at Bethany@ocrcc.org or 919-968-4647.
- Group Facilitation
- Spiritual Healing
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training