Nonprofit General Management Internship Opportunity
The Chinese Culture Foundation (CCF) is seeking Nonprofit General Management Interns.
6 -9 months
2-3 days a week (depending on each intern)
This position will work directly with CCF’s managers, directors to learn and execute in the following functional areas in a non-profit environment:
Marketing and Communications
Human Resources Management
Education & Community Engagement
Arts & Culture
This is an excellent opportunities for someone who is committed to service and to gain professional experience by working with seasoned nonprofit managers and directors. This opportunity is open to anyone to apply.
Responsibilities will be assigned according to candidate’s qualification. A curriculum of learning will be designed for each qualified intern.
- Passionate about working for a community based non-profit organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both English and Chinese
- Excellent interpersonal skills: outgoing, energetic, people person
- Willingness to learn and work under instructions
- Familiarity with web and social media platforms (facebook, twitter, WeChat, Weibo, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Salesforce a plus.
- Familiarity with Chinese Culture and/or Chinese American History.
- Some IT, Design background helpful
- Bilingual Cantonese/Mandarin and English preferred
A successful candidate will possess these skills:
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prior customer service, sales, operations experience
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize and stay focused
- Comfortable with feedback and constructive criticism
- Able to work well with colleagues, as well as independently
To apply, send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
About the Chinese Culture Foundation
The Chinese Culture Foundation was established in 1965 during the Civil Rights era. Our mission is to spark intercultural discovery through art, education and engagement. Its primary program site is the Chinese Culture Center, located at 750 Kearny St. in San Francisco. It has a pop-up gallery in Ross Alley and has curated exhibitions at YBCA, Asian Art Museum, Berkeley Art Museum, Miami Beach Urban Studios, Silicon Valley Asian Art Center, Hangzhou and New York.
Over 60,000 constituents engaged in our programming this past year, about 40% are neighborhood residents, the other are comprised of Bay Area residents as well as national and international visitors. We have engaged with a growing international audience through our trailblazing art exhibits while developing deep ties in the community through educational activities.
The Foundation is recognized as a successful pillar organization in the City and is poised to advance to the next level of effectiveness by becoming a leader in the arena of art and cultural interchange on a national and international level.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Nonprofit General Management...
- Gallery & Art Program...
- Archives Intern/Volunteer
- Ambassador- Chinese Culture Center
- Communications & Marketing Intern
- Gallery and Alternative Art...
- Graphic Design Intern/Volunteer
- Editorial and Content Intern
- Administrative Intern
- Chinatown Docent
- Non-profit Development and...