Technology Instructor - Help us bridge the technology gap!
41 people are interested
Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for tech-savvy individuals who are interested in sharing their skills with immigrants learning how to use iPads for the first time. This is a very popular program for adults & seniors that will help them connect with the younger generation.
- Teach iPad skills to adults in small settings of 6 to 10 students
- Teach a curriculum that includes basics such as: downloading/managing apps, sending/receiving email, using the Internet, and more
- Engage students with interactive activities and be prepared to answer related questions to lesson plans
*Note: Technical support, resources, and materials will be provided to instructors
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English-speaking group of students.
- Communication and people skills - verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s).
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in.
- Make a direct impact in the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives.
- Hands-on experience in working with students to teach basic technology skills.
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, imagination, and confidence.
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region.
About Helping Link
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
We'll work with your schedule.
1032 S. Jackson St. #CSeattle, WA 98104
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-month commitment