74 people are interested
Computer and iPad Instructor
ORGANIZATION: Helping Link-Mot Dau Noi
Please visit the new page to apply.
74 people are interested
Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for individuals who are interested in sharing their iPad skills with limited English speakers. This program enables adults and seniors to navigate the social service system, find employment, low-cost entertainment, and stay connected with their families.
- Teach iPad skills to adults in small settings of 3 to 5 students via Zoom (currently)
- Teach a curriculum that includes basics such as downloading/managing apps, sending/receiving email, using the Internet and Zoom, and more
- Engage students with interactive activities and be prepared to answer related questions to lesson plans
- Inform students of the COVID-19 updates
*Note: Technical support, resources, and materials will be provided to instructors
- Strong passion for working with a diverse and limited English-speaking group of students.
- Communication and people skills - verbal and written - to work with students and program support(s).
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in.
- Volunteers must live within the Pacific time zone.
- Make a direct impact in the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives.
- Hands-on experience in working with students to teach basic technology skills.
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, imagination, and confidence.
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region.
About Helping Link-Mot Dau Noi
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth professional leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 2, 2022
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12-month commitment
- Vietnamese speaking is not required since you will be working in a team of 2; must live within the Pacific time zone.