Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for tech-savvy individuals who are interested in sharing their skills with immigrants learning how to use iPads for the first time. This is a very popular program for adults & seniors that will help them connect with the younger generation.
- Teach iPad skills to adults in small settings of 6 to 10 students
- Teach a curriculum that includes basics such as: downloading/managing apps, sending/receiving email, using the Internet, and more
- Engage students with interactive activities and be prepared to answer related questions to lesson plans
*Note: Technical support, resources, and materials will be provided to instructors
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times for instruction
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English-speaking group of students
- High communication and people skills both - verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s)
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in
- Make a direct impact in the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives
- Hands-on experience in working with students to teach basic technology skills
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovability/imagination and confidence
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-month commitment
- Gala Graphic Designer
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- ESL Instructors
- Gala Advertising Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Office Assistant
- Citizenship Instructor
- Recruitment Specialist
- Board of Directors
- Community Engagement Ambassador
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- Volunteer Recruitment and...
- Volunteer IT Specialist Wanted!
- Marketing Specialist
- Program Support Coordinator
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- GALA Committee - Planning and...
- Opportunity for a Communications...