DISASTER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We are currently recruiting for Volunteer Mobilization Center (VMC) Disaster Preparedness Volunteers. In the event of a natural or manmade disaster, you may be called into action to assist the VMC in processing the hundreds of LOCAL volunteers that usually turn out to help. You will be working at the VMC (i.e., in a church, school, or any building that the county sheriff tells us to use) in sending out volunteers to work the disaster, in any areas that are needed.
You would be working in an office type setting, processing the paperwork for the hundreds of volunteers that turn out to help.
Website: for more detailed info, go to:
The recent Oso landslide in 2014 has shown us that we need an organized way to process the hundreds of local volunteers who turn up to assist when a disaster strikes.
Living in the Northwest brings its share of dangers, especially when it comes to earthquakes. Known as the Cascadia Subduction Zone, this 680-mile long stretch of colliding land mass 50 miles offshore of Oregon, Washington state and southern British Columbia is capable of generating magnitude 9 earthquakes.
The only skill needed is a sincere desire to assist Whatcom County residents recover after a major disaster.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Cleanup
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per month, more in times of disaster
- Disaster Volunteers to Assist...
- An hour a week can help ensure a...
- Volunteer Shoppers are needed to...
- Membership Person to Interview...
- Help a Home-bound Senior in Need!
- Volunteers are needed to help...
- Help Seniors Remain in their...
- Beer Festival Volunteers WANTED
- Social and Educational Planners...
- Writers Who Can Tell a Good Story
- Gardener's needed!