Licensed Medical Professionals! Volunteer Where it Counts!
43 people are interested
Where: Pittsburg, CA (East Contra Costa County)
Clinic Hours: Wednesdays, 4:00pm-8:00pm, and 2nd & 4th Saturdays, 9am-12:00pm
Time Commitment: at least one shift every 4-6 weeks.
Who Can Be A Volunteer?
If you are motivated by the opportunity to become involved in your community, then this is a great environment for you. You don't need to travel overseas to "give-back" when you can volunteer right here in your own backyard! We are looking for volunteers that are open-minded and willing to work with medically underserved communities. Each opportunity is very straightforward and provides a vital role in our clinic so that we can see patients that have no other medical care options. Training and medical malpratice insurance is provided.
- Medical Providers (Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician's Assistants): To provide the highest medical standards of care; assess and thoroughly document patient diagnosis/treatments in S.O.A.P. format on a Care Record Sheet; prescribe medication (if needed); and, determine ongoing care needs.
- Triage Professionals (RN, MA, EMT, Paramedic, LVN, CNA): To provide triage intake of patients (date chart, note allergies, weight & height; take blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration of patient). Assign patients to examination rooms. and assist Medical Providers in the examination and treatment of patients as needed.
- Health Management Education (RN, CDE, RD): To provide hypertension an/or diabetic health management education to address the needs, questions, and lifestyle changes around the patients’ care coordination plan.
Who Am I Helping As A Volunteer?
The RotaCare Pittsburg Free Medical Clinic is and urgent care clinic comprised of volunteer medical professionals and non-medical community members dedicated to providing free healthcare services to UNINSURED adults with acute or chronic medical conditions. Patients come to the clinic for acute issues such as respiratory ailments (asthma, allergies), infections, ear aches, sore throats, UTIs, headaches, and the like. Additionally, patients come in for chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid conditions.
The clinic’s medical services are donated by local healthcare professionals who give care without the expectation of payment. As a volunteer, you could help them continue this invaluable work that builds a healthier community and save lives. No controlled substances are prescribed.
Why Should I Become A Volunteer?
Volunteering with a clinic is easy and flexible, and the most rewarding experience among our volunteers is meeting the healthcare needs of patients with limited social and financial resources. Connecting with these patients from underserved and overlooked populations is one of the most positive parts of the volunteer experience at our clinic. Additionally, you can take your time with each patient; our goal is not how many patients you can see in a shift, but rather the quality of care that we can provide.
To get involved, please contact:
Clinic Operations Manager
We'll work with your schedule.
2210 Gladstone DrivePittsburg, CA 94565
- Patient Care
- Physician Assistant
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 3.5-hour shift, once a month. More is welcome!
- Active medical license in the state of California.