Licensed Medical Professionals! Volunteer Where it Counts!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2210 Gladstone DrivePittsburg, CA 94565
RotaCare Bay Area, Inc. is a volunteer alliance of medical professionals and community members dedicated to providing free primary healthcare services to uninsured individuals with acute or chronic medical conditions. RotaCare operates twelve clinics throughout the Bay Area by harnessing the skills and hearts of medical volunteers who offer their time to provide basic health services free of charge to our patients. Medical malpractice insurance is provided & NO controlled substances are prescribed.
Volunteer in the East Contra Costa County community & make a difference!
A partnership with RotaCare Bay Area, St. Vincent de Paul, and 10 local Rotary Clubs, gives RotaCare Pittsburg the opportunity to extend these much needed healthcare services to the uninsured in East Contra Costa County. Services provided by the clinic include: diagnostic lab & imaging; prescription medications; health education programs; social service & medical referrals where available; and a welcoming clinic for patients & volunteers!
Medical Volunteer Opportunities:
· Medical Providers: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
· Registered Nurses
· Certified Diabetic Educators
· Registered Dieticians
· MAs, EMTs, LVNs, CNAs
Non-medical Volunteer Opportunities:
· Registration Clerk
· Medical Records Clerk
· Spanish Language Interpreters (basic medical terminology)
Services include treatment of:
· Diabetes, asthma, hypertension
· Cough, cold, and/or sore throat
· Minor laceration repair, wound care
· Allergies or sinusitis
· Ear infections, Urinary tract infections
· Sprains and muscle strains
· Rashes, poison oak, minor skin infections
· Health education classes and counseling
· Flu Immunizations (seasonal)
Clinic Hours: Wednesdays, 4:00pm-8:00pm, and 2nd & 4th Saturdays, 9am-12:00pm
Patients: Uninsured adults, with acute or chronic medical conditions.
To get involved, please contact:
Drea Riquelme, Clinic Operations Manager
- Patient Care
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 3.5-hour shift, once a month. More is welcome!
- Active medical license in the state of California.