Want to spend some time each week talking to seniors in San Francisco? Imagine
someone like your parents or grandparents who are unable to get out but would
appreciate a friendly caller checking in to say hello?
Meals On Wheels is seeking a volunteer to make phone calls to some of our more
isolated homebound seniors. Volunteers call from our office to check-in with
clients and report any concerns to our social work staff. Being a Client Check-In
Caller gives you the chance to engage with elders and work closely with the
MOWSF social work team. Volunteer hours look good on your resume and you
can earn a great future reference!
Agency hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30- 4:30pm. Volunteer times can be worked
out according to your schedule. Generally volunteers make calls in weekly 2-4
Strong interest in working with older adults, sensitivity to situation of homebound
seniors, comfortable chatting with seniors on the phone, reliable, six month
commitment to the position.
Will be trained by and report to a Volunteer Programs Manager.
To learn more about our agency, visit our website at: www.mowsf.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Volunteers with Wheels needed by...
- Make calls to check on homebound...
- Community Engagement Intern
- Good Neighbor Program: Join our...
- Be a Good Neighbor to a senior...
- Social Services Volunteer...
- Data & Research Intern
- Good Neighbor Program:...
- Home Delivered Groceries Driver
- Fresh Grocery Bag Assembly -...
- Spend a few hours talking with...