Wildlife Learning Center is looking for Volunteers!
Wildlife Learning Center (WLC) provides sanctuary for 52 species of exotic and native wildlife. WLC’s one-acre facility is open to the public 7 days a week and offers a variety of onsite and outreach educational programs. A staff of biologists that are supported by volunteers and interns runs WLC.
DUTIES: WLC volunteers have limited interaction with the animals, but are an
essential part of WLC’s grounds and animal care team.
- Cleaning select animal enclosures
- Cleaning of animal carriers and diet dishes
- Janitorial duties as needed
- Watering plants and raking pathway
- Maintaining public areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must commit to at least 1 consistent day per week for a 3-hour shift for at least 6 months (weekday shifts are especially needed)
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old
- Must have a professional appearance, maturity, friendly demeanor and a positive attitude!
- WLC runs a background check on all staff, interns and volunteers
- Interact with the wild animal of your choice every 4 th day you volunteer!
- Work and network with friendly and knowledgeable wildlife biologists
- WLC is happy to write letters of recommendation and recommend employment to prospective employers. Volunteering at WLC is a great resume builder!
- First, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And let us know you are interested and would like more information.
- A WLC volunteer coordinator will send you more information and an application.
- You are on your way to a fun and rewarding volunteer experience!
Wildlife Learning Center
16027 Yarnell Street
Sylmar CA 91342
- General Education
- Environmental Education
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-hour shift per week for 6 months