You Are A Passionate Online, Consumer Product Manager
You’ve been a successsful online product manager in the for-profit world. You excelled at it. Now, you want to do something more meaningful with your life. You want to support causes you believe in, help nonprofits, and make your community and the world better.
You have a successful track-record of creating satisfying products and experiences for web users. You are creative and analytical and able to identify and prioritize compelling new opportunities quickly. You also understand how to gather requirements, define a product vision and strategy and working with engineers to execute that strategy. You not only love strategy, but you enjoy working in a small team where you also get to execute.
The Product Manager is responsible for strategy and management of our web, mobile, API, and SMS products. Our GreatNonprofits (www.greatnonprofits.org) website is the largest site to inform and inspire donors online using community-sourced recommendations. Our Census Outreach project (www.censusoutreach.org) provides vital information and mobile tools for ensuring a fair and accurate 2020 Census. And our CommunityConnect Labs tools (www.communityconnectlabs.com) offer a platform for nonprofits to communicate with their clients.
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of UI, product management or product marketing for a successful consumer website.
You will work with an accomplished team of individuals with corporate and nonprofit backgrounds.
You’ll have a huge impact on a highly visible organization, help nonprofits, and have a lot of fun.
- Define and execute the customer-facing product strategy, vision, goals, supporting business metrics, and success indicators
- The entire lifecycle of creating compelling online products and services - starting off with documenting the product vision, to creating intuitive user interfaces in mocks, and ending in the release of a sprint.
- Work cross-functionally with software development team and marketing to deliver the product roadmap and develop a world-class customer experience
- Work with usability to drive insights into customer segments and behaviors
- At least 5-10 years experience in product management building consumer web products
- Understanding of the most recent trends around consumer and local business online usage including experience with social, search, user personalization, and mobile.
- Proven success in delivering products and services in a high growth environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strong UI and visual design sensibility to create products that delight our users
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Agile software development particularly, scrum.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and other stakeholders to deliver products/services.
- Web Design
- Website Project Management
- Web Design / UX
- Mobile Programming
- Product Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20hrs per week