Spend your time helping at-risk kids get the most out of their summer!
Over the course of 5 weeks, our kids take part in a wide variety of activities including cooking, crafts, sports and environmental education. In addition to onsite activities and presenters, our group takes part in weekly field trips that coordinate with the week's theme. Thanks to our partnership with local school districts, the kids also receive lunch free of charge.
We provide 5 weeks of programming to 25-30 resident youth at one of CPAH's low-income complexes in Beaverton, OR. We are in need of volunteers to join our summer team one day a week.
Our program in Beaverton runs from 11:30 AM to 3 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, June 28th through July 28th.
The mission of the OAKS Summer Youth Program at Community Partners for Affordable Housing (CPAH) is to provide safe, enriching and educational summer activities for resident youth.
- To help supervise activities and crafts
- To supervise small groups (3-5 kids) during field trips
- To support program rules and discipline
- To assist the program staff in daily routines
- To set a positive example for program students
Age minimum: 16
Thank you for your interest!
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least one day per week for 5 weeks
- Volunteer orientation held in June