Get your exercise and help others at the same time! Make positive impact on a patient's stay as a patient transportation volunteer in the busy General Patient Escort/Transportation & Errand Services. Voluteers provide a listening ear, a smile and transportation for patients to and from diagnostic procedures. Volunteers assit with specimen, document and supply transportation. This an active position provides a opportunity to interact with many different hospital staff members.
Free valet and self parking available. Volunteer jackets are purchased from the volunteer services department for $20.
TB screening and flu shot are required but are availalbe at no cost. Background check and volunteer application will be completed.
Volunteer position is Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 3pm - 6pm.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/day/week
- physical stamina to push patients in wheelchairs
- Patient Transportation/Escort...
- Recovery Room Clinical Support
- Red Coat Ambassador
- Cheermobile Volunteer
- Radiology Patient Transportation
- Endoscopy Transportation Volunteer
- Information Desk Meet & Greet
- Mail Room/Store Room
- Shuttle Bus Greeter
- Encore Consignment Shop Volunteer
- Community Nutrition Liaison
- "Healing Hearts" Cardiac Patient...
- Ambulatory Care Center Volunteer