EAST BAY - Outgoing Volunteers Needed to End Alzheimer's
21 people are interested
The Alzheimer's Association educates the public about the impact of this terrible disease and offers free programs and services to help families coping with Alzheimer's. Help people in YOUR community connect with these vital programs and education resources.
Depending on your comfort level with the public, projects can include the following:
- Engage in social media campaigns
- Staff a table at local health fairs and community events
- Make follow up phone calls for programs and events
- Send event notices to online event calendars and local newspapers
- Network with local businesses
- Present educational programs at senior centers, social clubs, places of worship, etc.
Volunteer work is done in the Lafayette office or in the field. Schedule is flexible.
About Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95131, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision, A world without Alzheimer's disease.
We provide programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in the San Francisco Bay Area affected by Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer's Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
We'll work with your schedule.
3675 Mt. Diablo Blvd. Suite 250Lafayette, CA 94549
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 3-4 hours per week.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.