Sleger Immigrant Home
We are looking for someone who is energetic, enjoys speaking to groups and learning about history and culture.
As a tour guide, you will enrich the visitor's experience by sharing the story of the Sleger family and what it was like to live 100 years ago.
What you will do:
- Ensure that each visitor has the required sticker for admittance
- Ensure the safety of the home, artifacts and guests, while offering tours
- Give small groups of visitors tours of the Sleger Immigrant Home on the hour and the half hour
- Answer questions as needed
- Have fun!
- Ability to learn about the Sleger family and the immigrant home
- Physically able to lead guests to the house and stand for 10-15 mins at a time
- Must be outgoing and comfortable talking to small groups
- Ability to speak clearly and listen when visitors want to reminisce
Commitment required: 3-4 hours / shift.
We are looking for help from between 9:30am-4pm on weekdays and especially Saturday. Help is needed 12-4pm on Sunday.
For more information, contact: Lindsay Erhardt-Hansen
Director of Visitor & Volunteer Services
319-362-8500 ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment