This is the year to give back to our community! Volunteer in Hospice
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where11400 West Lake Park Drive(Location is determined by volunteer role)Milwaukee, WI 53224
At Horizon Home Care and Hospice, we believe in bringing comfort, care, and dignity to all of our hospice patients. We are seeking caring and compassionate people who want to make a difference in the lives of hospice patients. We will provide you engaging, empowering training to prepare you to serve in one of the following ways:
* Make memories with our in-home hospice patients and families throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Our Volunteer Department carefully matches you to a patient and/or family based on personality, location, and availability. We even go with you on your first visit to make warm introductions (and to make sure your invisible cape is operable).
* Exchange laughter, go on peaceful walks, play a game of cards, sit and enjoy beautiful music, listen, offer respite to the tired caregiver, or offer to help with household chores, etc.
* Your schedule can easily be arranged around your busy life! Volunteers are asked to serve 1-2 hours a week and report their visitations within a 24 hour period.
* Share memories at the Horizon Hospice In-Patient Unit in Mequon (located on the second floor of Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, Ozaukee). Volunteers serve a consistent weekday schedule of 2 - 4 hours a week.
* Assist nurses with direct patient cares (i.e. feeding, repositioning and/or transporting patients in wheelchairs), exchange laughter, sit and enjoy beautiful music, listen, offer respite to the tired caregiver, etc.
* Hospice Companions also make sure that there is fresh coffee, pastries, and flowers in the unit. They take care of the important details that help to make our patients and families feel like home.
We encourage you to listen to a lifetime of memories while creating last memories of your own. Also, PLEASE LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER THAT WE CAN BEST REACH YOU AT!
We can be reached at 414-586-8332 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Offer Comfort, Offer Support....
- Food is their need, a smile is...
- Hospice Companions: Volunteer...
- Our Clients are Hungry! Deliver...
- Keeping seniors at home....
- Volunteer Pianist for Hospice,...
- Need experience in hospitals?...
- Make their final days their best...
- This is the year to give back to...
- Become a Friendly Visitor Today
- Bring the joy of beauty to...
- Show off your smile! Become a...
- Large need for Meals on Wheels...
- Volunteer as a Clerical Assistant