Project HOP2E (Helping Our People To Eat) is a nonprofit 501c3 organization. Our primary focus is helping those who face hunger on a daily basis. The Project Gareden provides fresh vegetables to many families in and around Taylor County. We are looking for volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of people. We are looking for help in the following areas.
1. Someone who has management experience in gardening
2. Volunteers to help get the garden ready for planting
3. Volunteers to help plant
4. Volunteers to maintain the garden. This includes watering, weeding, fertilizing and keeping bugs and pests off the plants.
5. Volunteers to help harvesting the plants
6. Volunteers to help at the farmers market.
7. Volunteer with knowledge of composting
8. Volunteers to help with classes on gardening, cooking and canning. We will be teaching those we serve how important it is to eat healthy.
If you love to garden please come and be a part of this amazing opportunity to help those in need!
If you have any questions please call me at 304-709-0164. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 5
- Open to the individual.
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to have fun!