Make their final days their best days. Volunteer in Hospice
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where11400 West Lake Park Drive(Location is determined by volunteer role)Milwaukee, WI 53224
At Horizon, we believe in bringing dignity to the end of life, by allowing hospice patients to have their final days be some of their best days! Our hospice patients would love to have a visit from caring and compassionate people looking for a meaningful experience. Please leave us your information to join our team and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours. We have many roles that serve hospice patients, and bring joy in their final months and days;
* Be a Superhero to our in-home hospice patients and families throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Our Volunteer Department carefully matches you to a patient and/or family based on personality, location, and availability. We even go with you on your first visit to make warm introductions (and to make sure your invisible cape is operable).
* Exchange laughter, go on peaceful walks, play a game of cards, sit and enjoy beautiful music, listen, offer respite to the tired caregiver, offer to help with household chores, etc.
* Your schedule can easily be arranged around your busy life! Volunteers are asked to serve 1-2 hours a week and report their visitations within a 24 hour period.
* Be a Superhero at the Horizon Hospice In-Patient Unit in Mequon (located on the second floor of Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, Ozaukee). Volunteers serve a consistent weekday schedule of 2 - 4 hours a week.
* Assist nurses with direct patient cares (i.e. feeding, repositioning and/or transporting patients in wheelchairs), exchange laughter, sit and enjoy beautiful music, listen, offer respite to the tired caregiver, etc.
* Hospice Companions also make sure that there is fresh coffee, pastries, and flowers on the unit. They take care of the important details that help to make our patients and families feel like home.
We encourage you to join our team of volunteers; we guarantee that it will be a rewarding experience. PLEASE LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER THAT WE CAN BEST REACH YOU AT - we are eager to have you on our team!
We can be reached at 414-586-8332 or email at email@example.com.
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week or once every other week
- Offer Comfort, Offer Support....
- Food is their need, a smile is...
- Hospice Companions: Volunteer...
- Our Clients are Hungry! Deliver...
- Keeping seniors at home....
- Volunteer Pianist for Hospice,...
- Need experience in hospitals?...
- Make their final days their best...
- This is the year to give back to...
- Become a Friendly Visitor Today
- Bring the joy of beauty to...
- Show off your smile! Become a...
- Large need for Meals on Wheels...
- Volunteer as a Clerical Assistant