West Valley Community Services is looking for 1 volunteers in our Food Pantry on Monday Mornings from 8am-12noon. Volunteers sort through food donations, stock our shelves with produce and directly serve our clients.
West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* Food Pantry volunteers are a vital part of our organization. This is a great opportunity for volunteers that like to get moving, feel they've made a difference and enjoy serving clients in a direct way. Responsibilities include:
- providing direct customer service to our clients
- set up and clean up of the food pantry
- unloading, sorting and stocking donated goods
Volunteers are asked to volunteer for 1 shift per week, for at least 8 consecutive weeks. We'd love for you to volunteer with us longer if you'd like! Closed-toed shoes are required. The Monday morning shift is from 8am-12noon at our office in Cupertino.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week, for an 8-week minimum commitment
- Comfortably lift 40 pounds or more
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Website Design/Graphic Design
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up -...