Pet Visits with Hospice Patients in Honey Brook, PA
21 people are interested
Share your pet and be a friendly companion
- Visit patients in facilities in an area near your school or home
- Bring your calm, well-behaved pet to visit with patients
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there and sharing your pet
How can you benefit by being a volunteer?
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Volunteer with your pet
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Feel pride in making an impact
- Be appreciated
- Volunteering can add years to your life.
- A study of 10,000 people, published in the journal Health Psychology found that those who regularly volunteer are less likely to die than non-volunteers. And people who give back for the "right" reasons (e.g., to help other, not to feel better about themselves) stay alive the longest.
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
About Holisticare Hospice
685 Kromer Avenue, Berwyn, PA 19312, US
The mission of Holisticare Hospice is to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends and supported by experienced healthcare professionals.
When a patient elects to receive services through Holisticare Hospice, they will benefit from:
Care supervised by an interdisciplinary team including a physician, registered nurse, clinical social worker, spiritual counselor, home health aide and copmpassionate volunteers.
24 hour a day/7 day a week avialability of medical professionals
7 day a week availablity of home health aides to assist in personal care
Expert pain management
Holistic alternative therapies which may include Reiki, therapeutic massage, meditation, aromatherapy, pet therapy, and sound therapy
Family bereavement counseling for up to 13 months following passing
We'll work with your schedule.
Heatherwood Retirement Community3180 Horsehoe PikeHoney Brook, PA 19344
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Driving to where patients reside