Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people fighting lung cancer? If so, Free to Breathe needs YOU!
Free to Breathe is a non-profit organization dedicated to doubling the lung cancer survival rate by the year 2022. We support and fund innovative lung cancer research through fundraising events held throughout the country. It is an exciting and energetic group of people involved with our organization!
However, funding research and fundraising is a lot of work and that is why we need smart, energetic, and dedicated volunteers like you - who deep down want to make a difference in the world! Our volunteer schedules are flexible, with most jobs requiring 1-2 hours per week.
Typical volunteer opportunities include:
- Counting and banding educational materials for distribution (so that healthcare facilities around the nation can distribute information to newly diagnosed patients and care givers);
- Assembling patient packets (so that newly diagnosed patients can receive information sent to their homes. This is especially important when they don’t know where else to turn);
- Inventory assistance (so that we don’t run out of the materials we need to hold fundraising events);
- General office assistance (filing, stuffing & mailing letters, scanning documents for electronic filing, faxing information, etc.);
- Writing thank you's to our donors
- Special projects as needed
Free to Breathe is located at 1 Point Place, Suite 200, Madison, Wisconsin. Please visit our website www.freetobreathe.org to learn more about our organization.
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are ready to start volunteering today and join the movement to defeat lung cancer!
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Inventory Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Ability to commit to 8+ weeks of volunteering