Give the gift of presence. Heritage Hospice is actively recruiting patient and family volunteers to make friendly visits in the Greater Indiana and Kittanning areas. Visits are low key and casual and can include listening, talking, sitting with patients and occasionally light housekeeping (home patients).
We customize the experience for you including locations (home or care facilities), length (30 mins to a few hours) & frequency of visits (1-2 times a month to weekly). Volunteers do not provide personal care.
We provide all the training you need at no cost to you. Various convenient options are available for orientation. Read more about all our other Volunteer Opportunities.
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible for volunteer's schedule & preferences
- TB test, drug screen, complete application
- Administrative Support - Indiana...
- Greater Indiana & Kittanning...
- Writers & Crafters Needed
- Greater Ebensburg & Johnstown...
- Administrative Support - New...
- Create a Lasting Memory - Sew a...
- Comfort Therapy Volunteers - NK...
- Greensburg Area Volunteers Needed
- Special Delivery Volunteers
- Comfort Therapy Volunteers - IN...
- Friendly Caller
- Share the Puppy Love! - Become a...
- Alle-Kiski Friendly Visitors