Summary of Position
The resume review associate serves as a representative of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC) in providing resume review and individual evaluation and editing to adult job seekers. Job seekers will have varied levels of knowledge about industry standards for professional resumes. The purpose is to provide personalized guidance to job seekers in the final phase of resume creation. The objective is to deliver the employer-driven message of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center with regard to resumes to help job seekers achieve the desired outcome with their resumes.
- Meet one-on-one with job seekers to evaluate and suggest edits to individual resumes.
- Be prompt with scheduled resume review meetings and employ the PPWFC’s customer service standards at all times.
- Answer resume-related questions and provide constructive feedback to customers, adhering strictly to PPWFC curriculum and resume standards.
- Work closely with PPWFC staff.
- Refrain from giving personal opinions on resume design.
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position.
- Participate in evaluations to help improve mutual satisfaction and the volunteer program itself.
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible.
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies, especially those concerning confidentiality.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of resume best practices and techniques; Human Resources experience a plus
- The ability and willingness to stay consistent to the PPWFC message
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with customers, i.e. public speaking
- A high degree of professionalism, reliability and timeliness
Term Of Service
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service, at least 8 hours per month in 4 hour shifts. Must be within the hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Expert training in resume writing and workforce development
- Increased skills in working with job seekers and diverse populations
- The privilege of providing an essential service to an unemployed or underemployed individual
- The opportunity to be an integral part of helping someone become work-ready and improve the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Position-specific training will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Ongoing support from First Impressions Manager and designated department staff.
- Pre-scheduled appointments with customers
- Pre-prepared resume guidelines and feedback forms
Reports to First Impressions Manager and Programs Manager or Designee
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.
S election, Training and Development Process
- Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
- Interview with the First Impressions Manager
- Pass a background and reference check
- Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
- Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
- Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
- Complete mandatory position-specific training
- Customer Service
- Human Resources Training & Development
- People Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Case Work / Management
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hrs/month for 6 months
- 4 hour shifts