Help SVdP provide clothing to those in need!
St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County's Community Center connects clients with direct services, including access to free, gently-used clothes. By sorting and organizing donations, you will help SVdP distribute clothing to adults and children.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Check all clothes to make sure that they are gently-worn;
- Determine the proper destination of the incoming donations - either to our free Clothing Closet, which is utilized by our adult clients, the children's room in our Women's Center, or to one of our three thrift stores (out-of-season or very dressy clothes);
- Sort clothes by gender and type or size; and
- Tidy up and help to restock the Clothing Closet or children's room.
Time: 2-3 hour shifts are available between 9am and 1pm Tuesday - Saturday
Commitment: One time and ongoing volunteers are welcome. This is a great group service opportunity for six to eight people.Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on their first day of service.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Be a force for restorative...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...