Summary of Position
The administrative associate will serve by providing support with clerical and general administrative duties for the Business Relations department of the Pikes Peak Workforce Center (PPWFC). The objective of this role is to help develop the capacity of the Business Relations Group to serve more businesses in El Paso and Teller Counties by connecting them to job-seekers and to have a greater positive economic impact within the Pikes Peak Region.
- Perform essential office clerical duties such as printing/copying, collating materials for community outreach, typing/drafting documents, filing, shredding, organizing and running errands within the facility
- Complete scanning of employer business cards onto computer; upload scans into the business card database
- Perform periodic audit of business card database to ensure there are no duplicates
- "Smile and Dial" - Conduct phone calls to businesses for a variety of reasons
- Perform various data entry tasks as needed
- Complete mailings such as thank you cards to employers
- Answer general questions from employers or serve as a liaison between employers and staff
- Adhere to the PPWFC customer service standards at all times
- Work closely with PPWFC staff
- Complete required tracking of volunteer hours, tasks completed, etc., as appropriate for position
- Participate in volunteer evaluations to improve mutual satisfaction and the volunteer program itself
- Attend meetings, trainings and events as requested and when possible.
- Understand and adhere to all programmatic and agency policies, especially those concerning public relations
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in office administration and/or sales/customer service highly preferred
- Proficient with standard office equipment such as computer, multi-line telephone, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- The ability and willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Comfortable working directly with a variety of employers
- A high degree of professionalism and a friendly, positive attitude
Term of Service
The volunteer must commit to a minimum of 6 months of service, at least 9 hours per month in shifts of no less than 3 hours. Shifts are flexible, but must be within the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Enhanced professional development in the area of administrative office support and workforce development
- Increased professional network and community awareness
- Increased experience and skills in working with regional businesses
- Play an integral part in helping businesses with their labor needs and improving the economic vitality of the Pikes Peak Region
- Work with a great team of supportive, devoted professionals who are invested in your personal success
- Orientation to PPWFC and volunteer program will be provided and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Position-specific training/support will be provided by PPWFC and is mandatory before starting volunteer service.
- Ongoing support from Volunteer Services Coordinator and department staff.
Department Business Service
Reports to Volunteer Services Coordinator and Business Relations Team Lead or Designee
Work Conditions Work is performed in an office environment.
Selection, Training and Development Process
- Complete a PPWFC Volunteer Inquiry online at www.ppwfc.org
- Interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Pass a background and reference check
- Complete all necessary volunteer paperwork
- Sign a written volunteer agreement to commit to a minimum of 6-months of service
- Attend mandatory orientation (provided by PPWFC)
- Complete mandatory position specific training
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 9 hrs/month for 6 months
- 3 hour shifts