The Dorris Ranch Living History program is supported by the volunteer docent program. Dorris Ranch is a national historic site, a working farm, and a public park complete with walking trails and natural areas. The Ranch is also home to the Living History program which teaches community members of all ages about the pioneer experience and Oregon history. Docents will dress in period clothing and provide additional assistance to program staff as they lead sessions with youth and adult groups alike. This is a perfect opportunity for those who love history and would like to be apart of this unique experience.
- Dress in costume;
- Assist leaders as they lead participants in age appropriate historical and educational activities;
- Interpret historical information and conduct guided tours for the public;
- Answer participant questions regarding past and present history of Dorris Ranch.
- General Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least one three hour shift per week
- Complete a volunteer application and have a successful interview.
- Adaptive Recreation Program...
- Free Family Climb
- Gift Shop Attendent Willamalane...
- Halloween Carnival
- Ruff Park Work Party: October
- Turkey Stuffer 5K Benefit
- Haunted Hayride
- Help Carve Pumpkins!
- Greeter- Willamalane Adult...
- Trip Escort
- The Great Costume Swap
- Dorris Ranch Living History Docent
- Calling all Rock Climbers!