Volunteer Center for 55+
37 people are interested
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties is a comprehensive community service organization sponsored by JFS MetroWest designed to mobilize members of the community who are 55+ to give back to their own neighborhoods in Essex and Hudson counties through volunteer services.
For potential volunteers, RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties provides a single location where they can review a number of local volunteer opportunities and receive the help of a trained Volunteer Coordinator. This assistance ensures that volunteers are placed in a position that matches their skills, desired time commitment and interests.
- Adults who are at least 55 years of age are eligible for the RSVP program
- Participate in meaningful, challenging, and interesting volunteer opportunities
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills or share current abilities with others
- Receive free supplemental accident, liability, and automobile insurance while traveling to and from volunteer assignments
- Attend an annual recognition event
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties has numerous volunteer opportunities available throughout our service area. Each volunteer opportunity is different; requiring different skills, level of commitment, and training.A few examples of some of the opportunities available are:
- Be a mentor to a student who is struggling in school
- Aid seniors with daily tasks such as bill paying
- Provide support to victims of domestic violence
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE OR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES CONTACT STEPHANIE GROVE AT 973-637-1766 OR SGROVE@JFSMETROWEST.ORG.
About Jewish Family Service of MetroWest
256 Columbia Turnpike, Suite 105, Florham Park, NJ 07932, US
The purpose of the JFS of MetroWest is to provide comprehensive social and therapeutic services to the MetroWest Jewish and general community. Our services preserve and enhance family values and functioning, promote healthy personality development, and respond to the stress and distress impacting on people throughout the life-cycle. We are a non-discriminating and fully accredited professional social service agency.
Jewish Family Service provides a full range of services to strengthen and restore families. Services include individual, family, and children's services; elder care services; family life education; adoption services; volunteer services; chronic illness and developmental disabilities programs; domestic violence response; school-based services, Jewish Resource Line; and resettlement and citizenship.
We'll work with your schedule.
Locations throughout Essex CountyMontclair, NJ 07042
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Youth Services
- Food Service
- Elder care
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Volunteers must be age 55+