Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties is a comprehensive community service organization sponsored by JFS MetroWest designed to mobilize members of the community who are 55+ to give back to their own neighborhoods in Essex and Hudson counties through volunteer services.
For potential volunteers, RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties provides a single location where they can review a number of local volunteer opportunities and receive the help of a trained Volunteer Coordinator. This assistance ensures that volunteers are placed in a position that matches their skills, desired time commitment and interests.
- Adults who are at least 55 years of age are eligible for the RSVP program
- Participate in meaningful, challenging, and interesting volunteer opportunities
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills or share current abilities with others
- Receive free supplemental accident, liability, and automobile insurance while traveling to and from volunteer assignments
- Attend an annual recognition event
RSVP Center of Essex and Hudson Counties has numerous volunteer opportunities available throughout our service area. Each volunteer opportunity is different; requiring different skills, level of commitment, and training.A few examples of some of the opportunities available are:
- Be a mentor to a student who is struggling in school
- Aid seniors with daily tasks such as bill paying
- Provide support to victims of domestic violence
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE OR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES CONTACT STEPHANIE GROVE AT 973-637-1766 OR SGROVE@JFSMETROWEST.ORG.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Youth Services
- Food Service
- Elder care
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Volunteers must be age 55+