Board Members - Annapolis Maryland
43 people are interested
Street Angel Project, Inc.’s mission is to empower, inspire, uplift, and make a difference in the lives of the youth, individuals, and families living in the communities we serve.
For more information, please visit Street Angel Project’s website at www.saproject.org.
The Board will support the work of STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. serves
STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. Board Members will consider STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC. expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s beneficiaries
Service on STREET ANGEL PROJECT, INC.’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties
About Street Angel Project, Inc.
55 Clay St, Annapolis, MD 21401, US
Street Angel Project, Inc. is committed to serving individuals and families in Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia communities and beyond.
Street Angel Project, Inc. has been established to assist at-risk youths, and low-income individuals. SAP will offer community support services, and resources on a client-by-client basis.
Areas of Focus are as follow:
- Substance Abuse
- Domestic Volience
- Employment & Job-readiness
- Low Self-esteem
- Anger Management
We'll work with your schedule.
Clay StAnnapolis, MD 21401
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- 1 year or more