Special Events Volunteer/Intern - SPRING/SUMMER 2018
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where180 Nickerson StreetSuite 108Seattle, WA 98109
The Northwest Chapter of the American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA Northwest) seeks an enthusiastic and motivated Special Events Volunteer/Intern to join our team. During this volunteer internship, you can expect to gain knowledge and understanding of designing, implementing and coordinating events in a non-profit setting. Working with our Executive Director, Program Director, Finance/Development Director and Event Committee Chairs, you will support all aspects of event management, while make a difference in the lives of people living with Parkinson’s disease.
We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week for 3 months with an option to extend the internship period. Hours and days are flexible. This is an unpaid position.
- Assist staff and committee event chairs with event design, coordination, and implementation
- Research and contact vendors/businesses as needed to confirm event logistics (availability, set-up time, etc)
- Assist with event planning, promotion, and on-site executive including set-up and tear-down
- Manage and track guest lists and attendance
- Perform event-related data entry, data analysis, and reporting
- Assist in securing permitting and licensing as needed
- Support event-related technology such as online registration, peer-to-peer fundraising, and onsite registration
- Prepare materials for prospective sponsors and participants
- Assist in the marketing and advertising of events
- Assist with additional administrative tasks as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Interest in philanthropy, event planning, or non-profit administration
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy, with strong skills in MS Office
- Detail oriented and highly organized, while maintaining perspective and understanding the big picture
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, meet deadlines and work well independently and under pressure
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Special Events Volunteer" in the subject line. This is an unpaid position, arrangements can be made for course credit. APDA is an EOE.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10+ hours per week
- Working towards a college degree, recent graduate or relevant event experience preferred