HeartLine needs HELP Facilitators!
HeartLine is Oklahoma's Community Crisis Connection. Our mission is to connect Oklahomans to help, hope and information 24 hours a day.
The Healthy Education for Life Program (HELP) is seeking volunteers for the following position:
Volunteer HELP Facilitator
HELP teaches youth ages 10 to 24 how to recognize the warning signs of suicide and how to help themselves or a friend.
Volunteer Facilitators will be part of a team dedicated to providing HELP presentations at Oklahoma City metro area schools and other youth-serving organizations.
Training includes introduction to the HELP script and video, as well as information on local and national data and suicide myths and misconceptions. We include a teach-back portion so that all Facilitators are more comfortable with the material. Training is 6 hours long.
Following the completion of your training, volunteers observe veteran Facilitators and are then observed before they are ready to present at schools.
Once trained, watch for HELP schedules delivered to you by email. We will send out monthly or bimonthly requests for presenters, and Facilitators are able to select the presentations that fit their schedule.
- Must attend a six hour training session at a central location.
- Must pass a background check prior to attending training ($20 fee).
- Must commit to 20 volunteer hours a year.
- Must have reliable transportation to presentations, arrive on time, and be professional.
- Must be able to work within a flexible volunteer schedule that is made up of daytime presentations
- Must dress appropriately for the environment.
Our Volunteer Facilitatorsare one of our most valuableassets and we are always looking to grow the team. Suicide prevention education can save lives and we need you to be to be the army that encourages a shift towards a safer community.
You have the power to make a difference, let us help you do it.