Community Lead Responsibilities
- Secure a minimum of $5,000 in external event funds such as restaurant promotions, retail store promotions, company fundraisers, and local church, club or youth group fundraisers.
- Commit to accessing your personal network to recruit fundraising partners.
- Meet individually with Manager of Community Development (MCD) to determine the best strategy for securing new partnerships. Set fundraising and outreach goals.
- Communicate regularly with MCD regarding successes and challenges.
- Serve as a representative of Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia to the newly cultivated External Event partners.
Community Lead will be responsible for developing and maintaining fundraising opportunities in your area.
- Willingness to reach out to local businesses to facilitate relationships with local businesses and community groups.
- Ability to communicate the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Confident in public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to inspire, motivate and challenge the public to get involved with Summer of Wish
For immediate consideration, please submit an inquiry through this site.
- Resource Development / Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment