During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The Spy Pond Park Fun Day on September 12 am-1:30 pm, rain date September 13 1-4 pm, in Arlington, MA, features many activities for families. Explore, enjoy, and learn while:
* Riding boats powered by the Arlington/Belmont Crew Team
* Touring Elizabeth Island with Arlington Land Trust guides
* Participating in crafts & children's nature education, sponsored by Friends of Spy Pond Park, Puddlestompers, Audubon Habitat of Belmont, and Art Beat
* Catching music on the wind
* Observing a Mystic River Watershed Association member do scientific engagement activities with Spy Pond water
Volunteers are needed to help set up, assist photographer by obtaining signed permission for photos and describing the subjects of each, help with crafts and a leaf hunt at the toddler table, do face painting, clean up or to write an article for FSPP Fall 2018 Newsletter about the event.
Craftspeople and general volunteers, please contact Betsy Leondar-Wright a.s.a.p. at Betsy@classmatters.org 781-648-0630 to indicate your interest in helping make this a great event.
For more information visit www.friendsofspypondpark.org
PO BOX 1051, E ARLINGTON, MA 02474, US
The Friends of Spy Pond Park is a nonprofit organization which supports the preservation, enhancement, and enjoyment of Spy Pond Park and Spy Pond as natural and community resources.
FSSP supports the
Ongoing protection and beautification of the park
Preservation of open green space and wild life
Prevention and reduction of pond pollution
Use of the park as a community and cultural resource
There are volunteer opportunities on Work Days 1/mo. and Fun Days usually once a year posted on our website. The park is located between Pond Lane and Linwood Street in East Arlington, MA
Spy Pond Park40 Pond LaneArlington, MA 02474
May 13, 2020