Would you like to have an office job that gets you out of the office?
The Volunteer Program at Red Sweater Project connects like-minded people from around the globe with communities in rural Tanzania to bring about long-term change in areas where infrastructure and lack of social services inhibits children from gaining an education. We work together to drive positive change and make an impact. You have the power to be a change-maker. Here is your opportunity.
Red Sweater Project is accepting applications for an Office & Accounting Manager to manage the financial, administrative and human resource operations of the organization and The Mungere School.
The Office Manager will coordinate the daily functions of the organizational office in Tanzania, communicate with operations in the United States, and provide administrative support for administrative and school operations.
- 2016 TERM II: June 1 (or earliest convenience) - December 13, 2016 (6 months)*
- 2017 TERM I: January 9 - June 9, 2017 (5 months)*
- *ability to serve both terms for 11 months of total service
- $300/ month Living Stipend
* Manage both School and Organizational accounting and recordkeeping
* Assist with human resource duties, including payroll
* Support Tanzanian staff and international volunteer program
* Coordinate School visitations, including liaising with partners and
* Engage Mungere students and/or community members in
discussions and projects designed to develop entrepreneurship
* Communications with staff and volunteers in U.S. and Tanzania
* Contributions to newsletter and fundraising materials
* Minimum bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance,
business or related field
* Minimum 1 years experience in office administration and accounting
* Experience on a Bookkeeping or Accounting system (preferably Quickbooks or another cloud based system)
* Organization and attention to detail
* Flexibility to work individually and as part of a diverse team
* Professionalism and passion
* Experience traveling, living and/or teaching abroad a plus
* Interest in Tanzania's indigenous cultures and traditions
* Ability to live in a developing community
Email current resumé/CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How WE Pitch In:
- We pick you up at Kilimanjaro Airport and transport you to your new home
- We arrange and furnish housing (communal)
- We provide orientation, familiarizing you with life in Tanzania and office operations
- We do NOT charge volunteer program fees
- We provide a computer (but you are welcome and encouraged to bring your own)
- We provide assistance with travel planning and arrangements
- We welcome your input and value your suggestions
How YOU Pitch In:
- You use your passion and experience to the benefit of students
- You cover your living expenses ($300/month average)
- You pay for airfare, visas, and immunizations
- You pay for your health insurance and medical expenses (if any)
- You agree to follow our volunteer safety policy
Work, with a side of Adventure
As you experience life in a remote Maasai community and explore Tanzania’s scenery and wildlife, it is difficult not to fall in love with the country and its people.
Mungere Village is nestled in Africa’s Great Rift Valley, a short distance from Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti Plains and other unique destinations.
Travel further from the village to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro or relax on the beaches of Zanzibar Island.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Donor Management
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 35 hours per week