Purpose: To advise and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Needs Beyond Medicine in support of the organization’s mission and needs.
*Major board responsibilities:
● Input and advice regarding general leadership
● Organization of the board of directors
● Financial management, specifically the annual budget
● Program advising and assistance
● Promotion of the organization
● Fundraising and outreach (gaining financial supporters)
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Needs Beyond Medicine. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of two consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
● The board of directors meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month, 5:30 p.m. Meetings typically last 90 minutes.
● Meeting locations will vary.
● Board members are asked to attend two special events per year. (canSURVIVE, fundraising event and educational seminar are options.)
Expectations of board members:
● Attend and participate in meetings and special events when available.
● Be alert to concerns that can be addressed by Needs Beyond Medicine's mission, objectives, and programs.
● Be a community advocate for Needs Beyond Medicine by actively promoting its mission and programs.
● Become familiar with Needs Beyond Medicine's budget and financial/resource needs.
● Understand the policies and procedures of Needs Beyond Medicine.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 10 hours each month