SENIOR ADVISORY COUNCIL VOLUNTEER
Your Voice Needs to Be Heard
Get Involved; Get CONNECTED!
The Senior Advisory Council is Kenneth Young Center’s connection to the senior community. You will join a group of professionals and senior citizens who meet at least quarterly. You will share your time and talents by helping to:
- Identify needs of the elderly
- Make senior-citizen program recommendations
- Serve as a link between the agency and the general community
- Provide feedback to Kenneth Young Center program staff about the services we provide
- Occasionally, the council members may be asked to participate in special events and fundraising activities specific to the senior service program.
If you want to be an active advocate for senior-citizen based issues, then this is your opportunity to get involved!
*NOTE WELL: We ask that new volunteers for the Senior Advisory Council be at least 70 years young!
[Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments, and we help by providing:
- Service coordination and in-home services for frail elderly persons.
- Counseling for adults, children, families.
- Assessment, stabilization, linkage for adults/children in psychiatric crisis.
- Treatment, support, and recovery services for those with serious mental illness. Volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about us, or to contact us directly, please visit our website at: www.kennethyoung.org]
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 70
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per month
- Be willing to provide genuine feedback and comments regarding senior citizen needs and wants.