Mary's Wig Room Volunteer- Helping Women Feel Confident & Comfortable
31 people are interested
The American Cancer Society wig clinic program offers free, brand-new wigs and head coverings to cancer patients experiencing hair loss as a result of treatment. Trained volunteers help fit patients for a wig and provide them with hats, scarves, wigs caps, turbans and other accessories.
Wig clinic volunteers assist patients in finding a wig of their liking, education patient on wig care and maintenance. The wig clinic volunteer will provide these services also raising awareness about American Cancer Society information, resources, support programs and services.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Compassionate, articulate and patient
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries
We'll work with your schedule.
101 John James Audobon PkwyAmherst, NY 14228
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 2 hours once a month