The Families in Transition VISTA Program is focused on improving the quality of life for the most disadvantaged members of New Hampshire communities. Our efforts are led by a remarkable team of dedicated AmeriCorps VISTA members from all over the country. Our capacity building VISTAs are strategically placed with selected host sites that provide critical services, training and empowerment programs aimed at lifting residents up and out of the chains of poverty.
As a VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America), you will work for a minimum of one year to build programs, create change, and fight poverty in New Hampshire communities.
* 1 year of work experience
* Professional development & networking opportunities
* Forbearance of Federal Student Loans
* Choice of education award: $5,550 to use for school or pay off loans or $1,500 cash stipend upon successful completion of service
* 20 days of sick and vacation leave
* Living stipend (Avg. $1,000/month before taxes)
* Food assistance, Health Coverage, Child Care Assistance (if eligible).
Please visit http://www.fitnh.org/vistapositions/ to view available positions and apply today!